The mochi bites recipe is currently going viral on TikTok. Mochi bites are cakes that are small in size for one meal. This cake has a chewy, soft texture, and provides a variety of filling variants.
Delicious Mochi Bites Recipe
Starting from the TikTok account, mochi bites are also widely discussed on various other social media. This cake is made from glutinous rice flour with its unique taste.
Besides being easy to find because they are sold a lot, you can also make it yourself. To make it, you can look at the mochi bites recipe below.
The ingredients you need to prepare include 100 grams of glutinous rice flour, 30 grams of sugar, 15 grams of cornstarch, enough cooking oil, and 150 ml of milk or coconut milk.
Don’t forget to prepare the ingredients for making the cheese sauce. The ingredients include 30 grams of grated cheese, 100 ml of full cream milk, half a tablespoon of sugar, and half a tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in a little water.
Then for the dressing, you can prepare roasted cornstarch. Another alternative is if you don’t have roasted cornstarch, then you can use cocoa, soy, or powdered matcha. It can also be filled with strawberry or raspberry powder.
For the topping, you can prepare Oreos. You can crush the Oreos until it is smooth first.
- When all the ingredients are ready, then you can mix them.
- Stir until smooth with a balloon whisk.
- After that, you can heat the steamer and prepare the mold.
- You can coat the mold with enough cooking oil.
- Then put the dough into the mold and cover using a plastic wrap.
- In the next step, you can steam for up to 25 minutes.
- Only after that, you can roll out the dough and put it on the cutting board.
- Knead the dough until it is smooth and pliable.
- If so, you can make the dough lengthwise and cut it into 4 parts.
- Squeeze and pull each dough to make it more supple.
- Make the dough round and add it to the roasted cornstarch.
- Sieve and do it until the dough runs out.
- Next, you can make the cheese sauce by mixing all the ingredients and stirring until it boils.
- When it’s cooked, you can strain the cheese sauce to make it smoother.
- Serve mochi bites with cheese sauce as a dip and topping on a plate.
With a fairly easy mochi bites recipe, you don’t need to hesitate to try making it. You must be addicted to taste it.