French onion soup recipe and how to process it is not too difficult, we can even try it ourselves at home whenever we want. As the name implies, French onion soup is a French-style soup food that has a delicious and distinctive taste.
This soup uses broth which certainly gives it a super delicious taste. Especially if we consume it while it is still warm and when the weather is cold or rainy. That way, the body will also feel warm and eliminate hunger.
To taste this soup from France, we also do not need to go all the way to France. Because now many restaurants offer this delicious menu. In addition to buying it at restaurants, you can even try to make this food yourself at home.
Simple French Onion Soup Recipe
Making French onion soup is actually not that complicated. Therefore, you can try to make it yourself so that you can be more satisfied in enjoying it. In addition, you can also make money by selling the results of the soup. Then what is the recipe for this one food? Here is the recipe and how to cook it:
First, you need to prepare the ingredients in advance. Prepare 1 kg of onion, split it into 2 and then finely slice it. Then prepare 150 grams of butter, 1.2 liters of beef broth, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp coarsely ground black peppercorns, and 1 piece of sliced baguette bread.
In this French onion soup recipe, you should also prepare the ingredients for the Garni bouquet. The ingredients are 100 grams of celery stalks cut into 10 cm pieces, 6 fresh thyme sticks, 2 bay leaves, 2 stalks of leeks, and kitchen thread as a binder. For toppings prepare 250 grams of grated cheese, and 2 tbsp chopped parsley.
How to Make
Here’s how to cook it:
- First make a bouquet garni by arranging celery stalks, thyme, bay leaves, and leeks and tie them with thread.
- Saute the onion pieces in butter until transparent.
- Add beef broth, bouquet garni, pepper, and salt cook until boiling then remove from heat.
- Prepare a heatproof bowl and place the slices of baguette. Then pour the soup and put 2 more buns on it.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake until cheese melts.
- After that, remove the soup bowl from the oven, sprinkle parsley and the soup is ready to enjoy.
That’s a simple and delicious French onion soup recipe. You can serve it to the big family at home.